It was with great pleasure that Dulwich College Seoul welcomed students in Year 5 and Year 6 from across the Dulwich network to take part in the MADD (Music, Art, Dance, Drama) Festival. This year’s festival theme was Magic, a great topic that allowed all students to enjoy and excel in their chosen areas.
From Thursday to Sunday (20-23 April) we rehearsed, performed, painted, decorated and enjoyed performances from the different festival areas. We even had a very special magic performance from The Magician, a magic group based in Korea, winners of the Comedy Magic Awards at the 2015 Magic Olympics held in Italy.
We had an extremely talented team of teachers and practitioners leading the festival groups:
- Orchestra - Ms Nina Haynes (DC Beijing), Mr Andrew Kromholz (DC Singapore) and Ms Jeong Min Lee (DC Seoul)
- Choir - Mr Paul West (DC Beijing), Ms Mary Giles (DC Suzhou) and Ms Vera Mitford (DC Seoul)
- Rock Bands - Ms Rebecca Tobin (DC Shanghai), Mr Chris Hutchinson (DC Beijing) and Mr Jonathon Haslett (DC Shanghai Minhang)
- Art - Ms Laura Ni Fhlaibhin (DC Seoul), Mr Andy Brown (DC Seoul) and Ms Gemma Ryan (DC Suzhou)
- Dance - Ms Sarah Knox (Senior Dance Studies lecturer) with Tiatanyk and Amelia (post graduate students) from the University of Auckland
- Drama - Mr Neil and Mr Darius from Nose 2 Nose
They guided our fantastic MADD festival participants leading up to the amazing Art Galleries and the Gala Concert held Sunday 23 April.
A huge thank you from Dulwich College Seoul to all involved. It was a truly great experience and I cannot wait for MADD 2018 to be held in Dulwich College Beijing.
Mr James Pickering
Head of Music